5.07.2005


Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mariner
Needles: Crystal Palace Sz 2 six inch DPNs
Pattern: Simple Socks from Sally Melvile's The Purl Stitch

I finished sock number two (really #3, but who is keeping track?) this morning and promptly gifted them away for Mother's Day. Hope you enjoy them, Mom!

The Mariner colourway is a older, discontinued colourway. I found the yarn tucked away in a local shop last year, shortly after Kerry finished her Lorna's socks. Since then it's been sitting in the bottom of my stash box waiting to be used. I finally decided to make my Mom a pair of socks for Mother's Day and use said Lorna's for it. So I cast on, finished, and promptly ripped apart sock number one. My gauge was way off and the fabric was so loose it wouldn't hold up to much wear. I cast back on, knit the sock number two (which is really number one, redux) much tighter and was much happier with it.

In the end Mom is happy, I am happy, and tomorrow I am casting on for a pair of socks for moi in this stuff. Pure heaven, I say.