9.16.2004






Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, hand dyed for the project
Needles: 8" Sz 7 Brittany Birch DPNs, 16" & 24" Sz 8 Addi Turbo circulars
Pattern: A bastardized version of Berroco's Po.

I can FINALLY post about this project, now that it's been recieved.

This is the Super Secret Birthday Present. It's a Poncho and Tam set complete with detachable rosette, made for Mar's daughter's second birthday. I had dyed the wool with this project in mind and had just enough to finish it all. Thankfully I had an unwilling body double in my own son (who does not look good in pink, BTW) to make sure it was going to easily fit for a while.

Overall I am very pleased with the way the set turned out. It looks great on Miss Monkey and I am sure she will get lots of wear and tear out of it. I can only hope however that Mar forgives me for sending something that may need to be hand washed...