9.06.2004






Yarn: Cascade 220 in 420 and Noro Kureyon in 52.
Needles: Sz 10.5 32" Addi Turbo circulars
Pattern: My own design

I finally hauled out all the pieces to the felted backpack from hell and put it together. It's a gift for my Mom that I started way back in May. I can't quite call it finished since that fabric that is sitting there is the lining of the bag. I'll have to haul out my sewing machine to finish it up and then handstitch the lining in.

For the body I cast on 60 stitches and knit 34 rows using the 220 doubled. From there I picked up stitches around the edges and knit over 100 rounds before binding off. This made for a nicee thick body. The straps are also made of doubled 200 using a seed stitch to get a flat strap. The lid is made of Kureyon and everything was then felted to oblivion and blocked. I ended up using almost five skeins of the 220 and a full single skein of the Kureyon. Hopefully my Mom likes it and will be able to get a lot of use out of it.